Saturday, February 23, 2013

Good People Still Exist

I held a door for an elderly woman yesterday...
She said; "There still are some gentlemen left out there."
I replied; "We try." with a smile and she laughed...

Yesterday, somewhere in my journeys I lost my wallet.  This morning I backtracked to no avail.
I was pretty sure I left it at the grocery store, but they didn't have it.
So I called my bank and cancelled my cards, and lamented on losing a picture of my brother, and the loss of a tiny ceramic frog I've kept in every wallet I have had since I was 13.

Ten minutes ago a stranger knocked on my door.
He had my wallet.  He found it in the grocery store parking lot.  He checked my ID and knew the area so GPS'ed it to make sure and came over.

AND THE CASH WAS STILL IN IT.

I offered him the cash, he refused.  I offered him a coffee, he refused...

I gave him a DVD of Elmwood stuff and he said; "Puppets?  For adults!  This is awesome!"

Good people are out there.
If we do good, it will come back to us.

1 comment:

Julie_c said...

I'm glad you got your frog back too.