Friday, March 22, 2013

In my head...

Driving home from work my brother popped into my mind.  Not for any specific reason.  He just does from time to time.  Sometimes it's something as small as a fleeting thought of something from when we were kids, other times it some deep thought about what is life and how to live it well...
Tonite it was just a simple some how entry into the head.
And then I couldn't really shake it.  I left work around 8:15ish, and since I hit the road tip now he's still in there, over an hour later.

I wish I could make sense of why this happens, and why this time I can't shake it off with a little laugh about goofy off with him.  I guess I just miss him.  It happens.

Above my desk, where I am typing from right now hangs a "Steve the Vampire" poster from last year's Elmwood Productions tenth anniversary screenings that were happening this month.  Steve is smiling down on me.  And it makes me smile...  Thanks Mike and Jody for the poster.  It's one of the reminders everyday of what I really want to do in this life.  And that's make people smile.  And if I can do it with puppets - EVEN BETTER.

Sometimes our mind's throw us curveballs...  Sometimes "my mind is a pice of shit" hahahaha...  Tonite it's not though.  Tonite I am grateful for the life I have and the people in it...



No comments: