Tuesday, July 7, 2015

"I've Become My Own Cliche" Jani Lane

Found this buried in a bin of puppets....
1997 Warrant Tank Top.
Got this when I went to Toad's Place to see the band with Tricky, Itch E., and a gentleman named Andy...
 I was never really a fan of the band.  Itch and Tricky kept trying to get me into them.  Then I heard the 1996 album "Belly 2 Belly Vol. 1"
And it wasn't the "Cherry Pie" Warrant.  I dug it.  It was heavy, musically and thematically.
So I was happy to go to the show.

After we stuck around to meet the band.  I had most of them sign the shirt.  
And Itch made sure we got pictures...  And he even sent  them to "Metal Edge".
I hung onto this all those years.  Dug it out to get a laugh today...

I think Andy must have took the pictures, since he's not in them...


Here's a track from Belly 2 Belly...


Jani Lane passed away in 2011, after years of substance abuse issues.
I hope he found peace.

And it still fits!!!

And thanks to Nate for crushing on me more than Jani in the 1997 picture....



No comments: