Monday, August 21, 2017

Thanks Jerry!

So...  Jerry Lewis...
My brother was born with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy.  In my lifetime I watched his.  I watched his change so much.  And he was my hero.
And Jerry Lewis...  
As a small child I only knew Jerry as the guy who hosted the annual MDA Labor Day Telethon, to me at that age he was an OK singer and really funny, and I thought it was great that he was doing these shows for my brother and all the other kids like him that I knew.  
As I got older I learned more about him, saw his movies with Dean Martin, and so on...  And realized how talented and passionate he really was.  

Jerry Lewis gave so many families hope.  The MDA does the same, and will continue to do so.  Families like mine.  We got to laugh at a horrible situation, and it was OK to do so.  
Thank you Mr. Lewis.  Sweet dreams, you'll never walk alone.



  

No comments: